Pop piano lessons
Learning pop piano is not just about reading scores
We believe that learning pop piano is not just about reading scores. To produce good music, we need to strike a balance of the mind, body and spirit. The mind stores and processes the knowledge of music theory and harmony that are essential for music composition, as well as improvisation. The body facilitates our technical skills, speed, and accuracy to be optimised, whereas the spirit allows our feelings to be expressed through the music. Hence, through various techniques and exercises (such as playing, ear training, and sight reading), our lessons aim to enhance each student’s holistic growth.
In this course, you will get to learn various chords to implement in your playing, scales to get you the balance and control at the keyboard, ear training to hone your listening skills and develop your ears to be well-tuned so that you can identify musical elements naturally. You will be exposed to different types of genres such as pop, rock, R&B, Shuffle and Bossa Nova. Moreover, our instructors will provide free transcription for you.
Regardless of the student’s background and objective, we aim to provide value-adding, enjoyable, and inspiring learning opportunities. Therefore, every lesson is designed in a structured manner, yet remains tailored and adapted to every student’s needs and goal.
Our lessons are conducted at our Seah Street City hall studio outlet and Serangoon Garden studio outlet for your convenience.
What makes our POP Piano Lessons different?
What you can expect to learn
1. Songs you like – We will help you learn your favourite song while building your fundamentals
2. Aural Training – Develop your listening skills & train your ears identify musical notes and other music elements fast and easily .
3. Pop Piano Techniques – Master the different aspects and techniques of pop piano playing
4. Chords for Pop songs – Learn various scales & chords and apply them into your playing
5. Scales – Learn scales that improves your coordinations, and how to apply these scales correctly into your playing and different genres.
6. Music Theory – Set your foundation right, understand and interpret written music and translate that into your playing.
7. Pop Song Transcription – Develop skills to transcribe any songs in the future. In addition, our instructors are able to provide transcription for you based on your level of playing, at no additional cost.
8. Explore Different Music Genres such as:
- Bosa Nova
Pop Piano Techniques and Cover videos :
Song: So sick
Song: Careless Whisper
Song: Man in the mirror
From $190/4 LESSONS
45 minutes/lesson | Beginner - Individual lesson
From $220/4 LESSONS
45 minutes/lesson | Intermediate Individual Lesson
From $250/4 LESSONS
45 minutes/lesson | Advance Individual Lesson
One Year From Now, You’ll Wish You’ve Started Today
*Improvement Guaranteed, or Your Money Back
Copyright © 2019 Alternate Tone Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.
Alternate Tone Pte Ltd- Music School
29b Seah St - Singapore - 188385
Tel: +65 8115 9378
Open: Mo-Fr 12:30-21:30